Friday, July 08, 2005

Skipping Work


Yesterday I took a day off from work to spend the day with my friend Heidi and the cutest little boy ever!!!! I promised Heidi long ago when she was pregnant that I would spend a day with her before she went back to work. I don't think that men understand that as well. Because neither Mitch nor Josh understood why I was taking a day off and coming down there. Mitch even said something to the effect of "I don't waste my days off".

We bummed around Milwaukee. I had to watch Colin while Heidi went to see her Dr. He ate and pooped for me. What a good little boy huh? It was fun to do that for a day but I am no where near ready to have a baby all the time.

I don't know what it was about Heidi and I we went out to eat twice, once Wednesday night and yesterday we had the worst service EVER!!! Wednesday we ate at Applebee's. It was probably 15-20 minutes before we got a waiter and she was just awful. We had to wait for drinks. My burger was bad. Gave us our bill and forgot about us.

The worst was yesterday! We went to Olive Garden for lunch. We were seated again 10-15 minutes before our waitress came. We both knew what we wanted so we ordered right away. She told her we wanted salad and she explained to us that the salad came all in one bowl like we have never been to OG before. She gave Heidi coke instead of Cherry coke. All 3 times she asked for refills. Our meal came and we didn't see her again. We asked another server to get the woman for us and she went back to the wrong table. Then we had to have her come back again. We needed refills and wanted more breadsticks. That took forever. She gave us the bill. She disappeared. We paid, she ran away, it took almost 10 minutes for her to come back and we were really ready to go by that time. Needless to say she didn't get a tip. I know harass me I don't care. But a tip is something that you have to earn and not just expect. When we have a great server I tip 15 sometimes 20% but I am really harsh when the service is awful because tips are the majority of your pay. I was a waitress for a summer. I understand how it works.

Other than that we had a great time together!! I miss them so much. It isn't like we ever lived that close to them but now that we are closer they seem farther away. I am sure that the baby had a little bit to do with that....

No comments: