Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Person's Trash

This weekend we spent yet another weekend with the out-laws. Josh's parents are moving yet again next month. Josh's mother has been getting rid of a bunch of stuff! So we were chit chatting in front of the house Sunday afternoon while Josh's mom was looking through there stuff. She called me over and said "I have offered this to several people and no one wants this". It was an antique singer sewing machine in a sewing machine table. I was so excited!!!! I have never had anything that old and just wonderful! I was VERY happy to have it.

I had the spot picked out before we even left his parent's house. When we arrived home I moved the things around that needed to be moved and placed the table. I cleaned years of dust and grime out of it. I spent an hour cleaning it up. I used a cloth and a toothbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies. It cleaned up VERY nicely.

I did look up the machine by it's serial number. It is a model 127-3 made in Elizabeth New Jersey and the distribution date was March 30, 1920. There were 25,000 of them made. I printed off a scanned in copy of the owner's manual and maybe I can figure this bad boy out.

Here is a picture of a similar sewing machine. I will have to take a picture to post here for you to see.

No comments: