Thursday, August 12, 2004

Lunch Envy

I am sure that you have all felt this. In grade school there was always the kid who had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chips and a snack pack when you were stuck with big bologna, stale crackers and a banana. You sat there sulkingly nibbling on your processed meat and monkey food craving that pudding....... Thinking to your self "Hey kid, I'll trade you the rest of this banana for your snack pack"

This is my life everyday. J the guy whom's desk I face ALWAYS has a wonderful smelling lunch. It is either chicken and potatoes, or hibachi beef (which he has today). It is always seasoned with garlic and smells SO good. I sit there drooling until my stomach says to my brain "hey dumbass!! Why don't you get up and find something to eat?" Then I go and either get my can of soup, the mystery leftover of the day or a salad from the grocery across the way and nibble on my lunch wishing it would magically change into something wonderful........

No comments: