Monday, August 16, 2004

Do you smell that?

That smell is football season officially starting in wisconsin. That's right the first Packer game is tonight. It is the stench of beer, brats and kraut the three main food groups for any Packer fan. I myself am looking very much forward to the football season. Brett Favre is threatening retirement and we need one more championship in his era.

There is nothing like the experience of a Packer game either. Sitting in the freezing cold with 60,000 other people shivering and cheering. Keeping warm with Hot Cocoa and Beer(pick your poison) Watching the Lambeau Leap, actually seeing Brett Favre in person. Sure you can't gawk over his handsomeness as you can on TV but this better. Cheering the GO PACK GO cheer. I was lucky enough to visit Lambeau before they renovated it. They say it feels the same but I was glad to experience it to know for sure. I hope to get to a game again soon. Lord knows I can't count on getting season tickets in my lifetime. I am about 28,000 on the list.....

P.S. I guess it was the players stinking that smelled not the brats. I only got to watch the low lights.......They better shape up!!!

No comments: