Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Saga

Some of you may be wondering why I haven't written in a couple days. I usually try to post 4-5 times a week. First, I apologize because now you are going to have a super long post to get you up to date and because you have been checking in to see what is going on. So here is the story:

Monday was a normal day at work. I left work on time to head to the salon to try out a new place and see if it was good so that we could get our hair done there the day of the wedding. On my way home I make a stop to buy boxes for the jewelry for the maids and as I am checking out I get a phone call. It is my friend Heidi. As you may remember she recently got married. We make small talk as I am checking out. I start leaving and she says to me "I have something to tell you. Please don't be mad at me. I am pregnant!!!!!!" Good thing I wasn't driving too fast because I almost hit the stop sign in front of me. I still cannot believe it! I am so happy for them. They are going to make great parents! She thought that I would be mad because she will be pregnant for our wedding. I am not mad I just wanted her to be able to drink and have fun. I know, I know you can have fun without drinking.

SO, I get to Spring Green to the hair dresser. Hair looks great, I make wedding day appointments. I leave the shop and call Josh to tell him to turn his phone on so that Mitch can call him and tell him the good news. I chit chat for a while. Come to find out his car died on his way back to work after his lunch break. He had someone come pick him up and take him back to work. He thinks that it is either it ran out of gas or the fuel pump is broke.

So, I call my mom who is in Spring Green. When my brother's practice gets over we take some gas to try and get it running. It doesn't run so we decide to push it into a nearby parking lot. The parking lot was uphill and a right hand turn. My mom and I pushed and my brother steered the car. We got 3/4 way up the hill and couldn't push it any further. So my brother who is a little injured helped us up the hill the rest of the way. Since it was so closed to Josh's end of shift we stayed in RC until he was done a whole hour or so.

So I didn't get to see the Packer game. I didn't get to watch the men's all around gymnastics final. I gave up the whole night to help my future husband. We stayed up until midnight and we had to figure out how to get him to work on Tuesday. So we came up with the plan that my other brother would take him to work. I would go into work early so that I could leave to pick him up at the end of the day. My step-dad and brother came and picked up his car so that he wouldn't have to pay a towing bill. They got it home and checked it out last night and they still think that it is the fuel pump.

So Josh magically got out of stuffing invitations. All but 11 are stuffed and sealed waiting for stamps. Those will be sent out on Monday to keep with the two month deadline.

I guess that has been our week thus far. I carpooled with a lady from work so Josh has my car today. That is ok it keeps me from going out to lunch and spending money. I hope that the rest of the week is better. I am visiting my friend who had a baby this weekend so hopefully we will have a good time!!!!

No comments: