Thursday, August 19, 2004

Olympic Obsession

That's it I have become an obsessed Olympics fan. I am constantly checking to see who has won what medals. Then I watch it at night that day's happenings on NBC. Here is a list of my favorite happenings so far. In no particular order:

1. Watching "The Thorpedo" beat Michael Phelps in the 200M freestyle final. I am not being unpatriotic but the whole Michael Phelps thing is getting a little bit over played. Plus Ian Thorpe is HOT!!

2. Paul Hamm's winning high bar routine. Three release moves in a row. That is strength!

3. The US's sweep of the 4 x 200 relay. That Klete Keller(I love saying that name) sure can swim. Plus a girl from WI was on the women's team. The men swam a GREAT race!

4. The US men's basketball team being kicked around by Portugal. Those guys needed to be knocked down a few pegs.

5. Watching the Shot Put on the ancient grounds in Olympia. That Adam Nelson is CRAZY!!!

6. Synchronized Diving who knew?

7. The young woman who placed second in whitewater rafting Rebecca Giddens is originally from Green Bay.

8. Who knew fencing was so cool? I didn't...

9. Men and Women's Gymnastics getting silver. It's not gold but it is the next best thing.

10. When Bob Costas doesn't talk.......That man could bore grass.

No comments: