Friday, August 20, 2004

Web Dorks Unite!

Ok I am officially a web dork. I don't like the phrase computer geek because I am a science geek and I can't be two forms of geek. Earlier this week one of my favorite bloggers wrote a post entitled Crossing the line about posting a comment on dooce.com. Which if you have never read dooce you should. It is an excellent, excellent site!!! I highly recommend it I check her site at least three times a day looking for a new post.

SO, I have been reading a site called PlanetGordon.com for two months or so now. I have gone back and read his archives to catch up on all the history. I really relate to this site because it is a blog that a groom is writing about the wedding. He reminds me of our friend Prock. The happy couple lives in New York city. He is a writer for a news broadcast out there and she is a Jewish clergy member(I am not too sure about her title for sure). It is nice to read what they are going through just to know you aren't alone. Also, helps in knowing what other people are doing. He is getting married a week from sunday in Oconomowoc at a summer camp. He is leaving today I believe to come to Wisconsin to get all ready for the wedding.

Today he posted about the weather forcast here in Wisconsin called And Now The Weather.... The forcast for Oconomowoc says that it is supposed to thunderstorm next Sunday. So I wrote a post telling him that that weather forcast will change and you can't even count on the weather forcast the morning of for the afternoon. You know Wisconsin the weather is so unpredictable. The only difference with my post this time than other times that I have posted on sites in the past is that I thought to myself. "I should put my URL in the comment box, maybe I would get a reader or two out of it." Well this afternoon I looked at my referral URLs on bravenet.com to see where my latest hits had come from. There it was right there I had a link from my post. So I resolved the IP address to the web host's name and sure enough it said the site was hit from a web carrier in New York City. It was The Groom. The Groom visited my site....He read about my olympic favorite moments, my he-she dog and my lunch envy. He knows about my car saga. He actually was here!!!!! I cannot believe it. This guy is a famous blogger, he has been written about on multiple occasions in national articles and he read my little old site...... I am officially a web dork and I am proud of that!!!!!!

No comments: