Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Showers of Love

On Saturday was the Bridal Shower thrown by my Maid of Honor. I was a little worried to be prefectly honest. N has been VERY busy with her own wedding and was VERY stressed out on Saturday to say the least. The shower was scheduled to begin at 1:00 pm. I arrived at 12:20pm to find Josh's parents already there. Not to far behind them pulling in was his aunt and grandma. They the guests began flocking on the house. We had a wonderful lunch of bbq'd pork, many salads and my Sister in Laws famous Taco Dip.

We went around the room and introduced evereyone. It was cute as to what different ppl said. My mom was so cute, she said I am Julie and she's mine. That is enough to bring a tear to your eyes..... We played toilet paper bride. I got to be dresses up in a dress made of TP. The fun part was dressing each other up as my bridesmaids. My little cousin Lucy was the cutest of them all so she was declared the winner.

I recieved many wonderful gifts. I appreciated everything that we received. I cannot wait to go through our stuff and pack it up for garage sale. Yeah!

The final "game" of the afternoon. I had a rose and for each petal that I removed I had to list a reason I loved Josh. Now I thought about this earlier in the day. I thought that this may come up. So I had many reasons thought up, but when you are on the spot like that your brain goes BLANK. I think that I did pretty good. There was only one that I thought of later that I should have said.

No comments: