Monday, October 18, 2004

I would have rather tossed and turned

As you know from my previous post, my back hurst. Last night I took a pain killer at 10:30ish, woke up at 1:49, I thought the clock only said 11:49 because I couldn't roll over to see what the clock actually said, I had to pee. It took me a good ten minutes to get out of bed. I got out and couldn't walk to the bathroom so that took another ten minutes. I am lucky that I didn't leave a puddle or a river on the floor. I struggled onto the toilet, did my business, then the worst thing happened: I got stuck. Yes I got stuck on the pot!! No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get up without help. I tried pushing off the tub like I had done all day, nothing worked. I had to cry and scream for Josh to come and help me.

By the time I got up I was ready to go to the hospital and have them just put me out of my misery. But I decided to take another tylenol with codeine. That was my only chance. I sat on the couch as if it were a chaise lounge. I started to fall asleep and somehow in the night moved into a lying position. Next thing I know it was 5am and Jackson was whining to go out. So I struggled off the couch and miraculously was able to hitch him to his tie-out. I fell back to sleep and next thing I know Josh woke me up saying "honey it's 7 o'clock, it's time to get up." The first thing that I did when I got up was to fill up on ibproufen. That is the only thing that is going to keep me alive today and the rest of the week.

No comments: