Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Casting the Vote

American Idol got smart this year. After the jammed phone lines of the past 3 seasons they have learned. For this year's last final 2 episodes they opened up multiple phone lines for each contestant. For this evening's finale they even opened up three phone lines for each contestant with voting lasting for almost 4 hours. Even with the multiple lines it is still difficult to impossible to get through. I didn't even bother to try right after the show as I knew that the lines would be impossible to get through.

The second thing that I really appreciate is the change in the answering system. Instead of saying "Thanks for voting for contestant # X" the contestant says "Thanks for voting for me (Bo or Carrie)." That way you are certain that you have called the correct line. I know that once during the season I thought that I had remembered the contestants in the correct order. When indeed I had not. So I ended up voting for the wrong person. It was a really tough decision this season. Both Bo and Carrie are extraordinary singers. I actually think that this season of Idol has been the best season yet. I will forever be a Claymate, but I love this season the best of all!!!!

May the best contestant win!!! I am not telling you who I am voting for. It's a secret!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Carrie should win. She was so much better than Bo last night. I tried to get through a few different times last night and was unsuccessful. Hope Carrie wins!!!

Jess said...

I got through several times. I did stay up and vote later many times. The lines weren't too busy at 11pm.