Thursday, September 08, 2005

I couldn't have said it better myself

Go read this article. This is a beautifully written post about George Bush and his attitude on Hurricane Katrina. I think this articulates what we see and why some of us are having problems with ole "W" at the moment.

I have not written about the Hurricane for one reason. I don't want to. I don't know how to put into a comprehensive sentence what I am feeling. I see enough of it on TV and on Internet news sites. I don't need to expand this further. In the last week my emotions have been the following:

1. I am enraged at Bush for his lack of emotion. Everything he says sounds prepared, and trite.
2. I am ashamed of the government. Wal-Mart trucks were the first to arrive and to be turned away. It should have been the national guard arriving first.
3. I am saddened by the devastation, the suffering and the now homeless.
4. I am sickened by the thought of what it smells like down there. The rotting corpses, the feces, urine and gas all a cesspool of nastiness, that will be dumped into the lake and river.
5. I cry when I see all those faces so helpless, so alone, especially the children. The pets left behind are heartwrenching too.
6. I am proud that the citizens of Madison have stepped up. See here and here.
7. I am proud that Wal-Mart has stepped up! Proving that they have a heart!
8. My heart is warmed by the amount of generosity that citizens have. The millions of dollars we have donated. Keep it up!!!

No comments: