Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Another Day of Therapy

Today I had therapy. I have been looking forward to today's session because we were visiting the lap pool. My therapist asked during my initial consultation if I was interested in pool therapy. I whole-heartedly said "yes". Even though I almost drown at a young age I love the water. I can swim, I just don't do well on my front. Partially due to a fear of not being able to breath.

I made the appointment weeks ago and looked forward to it since. The therapy wasn't anything too exciting. I was just happy to be in the pool. My therapist wants me to work out in the water 1-2 times weekly for 30-45mins per visit. I was actually surprised that I wasn't all that tired after swimming a few laps. I was however pretty worn out by the time that I put on my clothes to leave. For the first time in days I felt like I needed my walker.

My therapist said that I looked good using my cane and that I was walking better. She also said that if I practice walking in the pool without "waddling" my limp should go away faster. So I continue to be encouraged at therapy. Each week I gain strength and walking stamina. Soon I will be among the walking again.

No comments: