Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bracketnesia

Every year I fill out a NCAA bracket. Every year I fail miserably! Yet, each year when March Madness hits I succumb to the hope that I will do better this year. I have even started filling out 2 brackets. Trying to hedge my bets. In the end, I end up losing anyway. It is only a 3 dollar pool, so what do I have to lose? Not much in the grand scheme of things. Although each year I enjoy the last minute victories and the Cinderella teams. It is worth the $6 ride.

Other news from the week...... I have to apologize to my mom. I didn't tell her about the extent of our money troubles. I guess the way I saw it was we didn't want anyone to know at the time how hard the times were. Since it was all repaired rather quickly I thought it would be OK to talk about. I know that she felt like I didn't want to share this with her but I would share it with the internet. Really that wasn't the way that it was. Mom, I am REALLY sorry!!! Along money lines, Josh thinks that his bonus is going to be taxed as regular pay instead of a bonus! Don't ask me how they get around it. I think that we will be credit card debt free this time next week!!!!! yeah!!!!!

I have really started to research houses in the Madison area. I am pretty well aware of what are high prices and what kind of prices to expect where. That should really help this time next year when the house hunt has begun! I will continue to look around until then! Of course we will save, save, save!!

I also had a little mishap this week. Friday I was walking out to my car and in the shadow of my car was and ice patch. I ended up slipping and pulling some muscles in my leg and butt. I skipped the pool that day and went to the pool yesterday, but I am still pretty sore. I really hope that I didn't mess stuff up too badly.

The final excitement for the week was, I had a chance to go to England, but graciously asked another co-worker before I committed. I knew that he may want to go. Plus, I have to update my passport and didn't think that I could do it in 3 weeks. We don't have copies of our marriage certificate. We never requested official copies of it. So I have sent out for those and have the passport papers all ready to be sent so that I can get a new one. So that I don't have to pass up that opportunity ever again!

No comments: