Wednesday, July 21, 2004

D day

It is D day for more than one reason. First of all today was the day that I had to give my first presentation at my new job... The good news is this. Yesterday the head honcho of our group sent out an e-mail saying that he was unable to make it to the meeting today. He was not planning on canceling the meeting. So he just had a co-worker of mine run the meeting. My co-work is considerably less scary than him. So before the meeting I went through my slides again and practiced what I was going through. I really wish I would have procastinated a little more because I feel like I rememeber things a little better when you do things RIGHT before they are do. The united alliance of procrastinators would agree with me I am sure!!! So ANYWAY!!! I gave my presentation. It went pretty well I think. I was nervous so I rushed or atleast I think that I did. Everyone told me I did a great job. I guess I don't feel like it becuse doing these types of presentations is a new thing to me. I was never allowed to do anything like this at my old job. I really liked it. It was a little outside my comfort zone but hey that is what makes you a well rounded person.

The second reason is that my company's second quarter results came in and apparently they aren't very good. Stock prices for IVG stock have dropped significantly. I am not too big on the money mumbo jumbo, but as long as I still have my job I am ok. I didn't invest thins time around. Maybe I will get a lower stock price then when it comes around. Who knows.. Better get to work I am wasting company money...................

No comments: