Monday, July 19, 2004

a Sunny Monday

Given the frustrations that I have felt the past week or so this Monday is looking up.  Knock on Wood.....  I was having problems with one of my test on Friday afternoon.  Today I think that I may have found an answer.  Isn't that a great feeling?  I think so.  It is a total weight off of my shoulders.  I cannot believe it.  Hopefully my hypothesis is right.  I cannot take another blow at this point. 
 
My weekend was awesome.  It is hard to believe that when I worked almost three hours this weekend from home.  Saturday, I came into work for an hour to pass some cells.  I stopped and paid off half of our honeymoon.  I went and bought stuff for my girlfriend's shower invitations.  They are gonna be SUPER cute.  Thanks for the idea Heidi!! I started registering for gifts.  How fun is that???  You go shopping and don't spend a cent!!!  I loved it I cannot wait to do more of it....YEAH!!! 
 
My grandparents who live in Florida were in town.  It is always nice to see them.  My grandmother has been in pretty tough shape.  She has had to have shots of Erythropoeitin(Epo) because her blood cell counts have been low.  Her back and hips are giving her problems.  I am not sure what is all going on with her.  My grandpa doesn't really want us to worry about things.  I think that he feels that is his job.  You know it is funny, they fight like cats and dogs sometimes but when it comes down to it he really loves her and would do anything to help her. 
 
So I got to talk wedding stuff with my grandma.  It was really nice.  I miss her so much.  She is a great link to my dad.  Because I never got to know my dad it is nice to have that.  When I was younger I never really heard the stories of my father.  Now that I have gotten older people are being freer with the stories.   It has really helped me to come to peace with what happened and has helped me move on.  Although no one can replace him in my heart it isn't fair to myself and others to dwell on it. 
 
Ahhh Monday.     As a fellow co-worker says...."Boy are we having fun!"

No comments: