Thursday, July 01, 2004

The week without food

I have been so busy this week at work (besides yesterday)I have eaten lunch only once(that was yesterday). Most of you would think terrible things about me starving myself. The truth of the matter is when you are busy and stressing out about actually getting all of your work done you really don't notice that you haven't eaten until it is 3pm and your stomach starts to say "He idiot did you forget about me?" And this is always GREAT because it happens in a quiet room or a loud room and your stomach is just so pissed at you that it is going to tell the whole world. You know that if you continue to ignore it to finish your work you become light-headed and bitchy.

This is the story of today. I had something to do that happened to be scheduled at 12:30 for the sake of personnel and the machine's schedule. So I was planning on coming into work and start all of my other work right away so that I would actually have time to eat today. But did that happen????? Obviously not. We now have 16 count them 16 scientists sharing 4 only 4 hoods. As you can see this would cause a problem on busy days. We are patiently waiting until all of the equipment comes in for the other lab. So you aren't really picky about when you get a hood because you can't be. But when you get one you just sit and do your work until it is all done. And nothing come Hell or High Water can tear you away from that hood until you are finished. There are somethings that are time sensitive and if you don't get your hood when you need it you are screwed.

So now I am tired and cranky and HUNGRY ready to go home to Josh......what a lucky guy!!!

No comments: