Monday, April 04, 2005

Damn Tired

I hate daylight savings time. The springing forward is always the worst. Instead of getting up at 5:30am as usual it felt like 4:30am. It is hard enough to get up at 5:30 as it is. Now it is that much harder. I know I will adjust, but not soon enough.

What really didn't help was the fact that I scared shitless to fall asleep last night. Jackson didn't want to go to sleep. He knew that someone was missing. So he kept barking at the door. I would tell him to get into bed. He would sit on the bed until I started to relax, then he would get up again and whine at the door. This my trusty guard dog. The one who barks at a piece of dust falling to the floor. I was uneasy, I don't like being alone. I was even more of a wreck because our bedroom door doesn't lock.

WHAT IF SOMEONE BREAKS IN????

I tossed and turned over that thought for a while. I don't want to sleep with Josh's 22 pistol under the bed. I would probably end up shooting myself in the foot in an emergency situation. I then got up and grabbed the phone. I then wondered if I should get the other handset too. You know the robber could get on the phone and screw up my dialing and I would never get 911. Then I realized that the keytones were turned on. So I spent 5 minutes figuring out how to turn them off. I then wondered what I would do since the bedroom door didn't lock. I figured that I would run into our bathroom and lock the door. I am still undecided if I will be taking Jackson into the bathroom with me or leave him to the robbers. Then Randy came home and I fell asleep because I figured that if he heard a lot of noise he would call 911 for me.

I hope that I sleep better tonight!!!

No comments: