Monday, August 07, 2006

Mitch-ah-palooza 3.0

This weekend we got together with out college friends for the annual celebration known as Mitch-ah-palooza. Mitch told us that we could bring Jackson along with us. We decided to take Jackson along. What a mistake!! Jackson got out of the car and ran around a little bit. When Opie, Mitch's parent's St Bernard, saw Jackson he immediately took off chasing him. We were informed that Opie thought that Jackson was a cat. So we had to call my mom and have her meet us somewhere so that they could pick him up. I felt really bad that I had upset their evening plans. I hate being an imposition on them. My parents do so much for us as it is. I feel bad asking for more. We had a fabulous time. We played ladder golf, the guys played kickball and croquet. I spent some time in the swimming pool. I got out of the swimming pool on my own this year. I was really excited because I was humiliated by being stuck on the pool last year. I had to be pushed up from the pool from behind.

Josh drank all day and ended up being the evening entertainment. Josh was performing running belly flops into the pool. He bought a straw cowboy hat especially for this celebration. He jumped into the pool with it on and completely soaked it. He kept everyone entertained and in the process probably bruised some ribs in the process. We are very lucky to have such wonderful friends who want to get together and spend such a chunk of time together. I cannot wait to next year's camping trip!!

No comments: