Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stuck

Here I am stuck in Boston. My co-worker and I went to the airport this afternoon to head home. I had to check my bags and my co-worker didn't. So he headed off to security and I went to the counter to check my bags. We agreed to meet at the gate. I got to the counter and noticed that my itinerary had been changed. My flight out of Chicago had been cancelled and I was booked on a flight for tomorrow. I didn't know what to do. I paged my co-worker to meet me at the American Eagle desk. I waited, I paged him from the info desk and I paged him from the American counter. No luck! In between pagings I called our travel agency. I was told that I could either get a one way ticket through Milwaukee for $650, I decided to get a hotel room for the night. I left my boss a message telling her I lost her husband and that I got a hotel for the night.

I got to the hotel, checked in and e-mailed my boss telling her let me know if she heard anything to call me. She called me within a half hour to tell me that he called American and got a flight on Northwest and will be home at 8:30 tonight. That lucky bastard! I didn't know that you should call and complain and they will re-route you. So I am enjoying Boston for another night. I am staying in and checking e-mail. I am heading down to eat dinner now. Let's hope the hotel restaurant is good!!!

No comments: