Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Goodness Gracious Your Hair is on FIRE!

So my form of self expression has always been my hair color. No I have not ever gone crazy enough to go green or blue but have thought about it many times. So my roots have been starting to show and they have been driving me CRAZY. So a week ago saturday I went to Wal-Mart to see my honey and picked up some hair dye. I have been SO unbelievably busy that I haven't been able to dye it. Or maybe it was the hair Gods telling me something on the sly. Well last night I took the dog for a walk and when I returned home I HAD to take a shower because I sprayed mosquito spray on myself to prevent being eaten alive. Side note: Spring Green has to be the mosquito capital of the world DO NOT take your life into your own hands and go out without bug spray. You are fair game then. So I got home and said hey I have to shower again to remove the bug spray why not dye my hair too.

So I mix the special ingredients and started to add them to my hair. I started to panic a little when I wasn't even done and it was starting to turn red. I finished putting the dye in and sat down to watch Sex and The City on TBS as I wasn't cool enough to have HBO when the series started I wanted to start watching it. It can be my one TV vice for the summer since there are no more new Friends, American Idol or 24 episodes to watch. Anyway...after my 25 minutes I hopped in the shower remembering to take my special hair conditioner. I just briefly glanced at my hair in the mirror, it looked ok, but it is really hard to tell before you rinse the dye out.

I had to get in the shower because the mix of hair dye and bug spray was starting to asphyxiate me. By the time I was done the shower looked like someone slaughtered a pig. As I was rinsing out the dye I snuck a peek at my hair and panic washed over me. I finished showering as quick as I could. I left my hair up in the towel until the second episode of Sex was done. I was scared to death I brushed it out and thought oh it isn't too bad. Of course your hair looks darker when wet. By the time that Josh got home my hair was the color of a construction cone. I could direct traffic just by flipping my hair back and forth. I should stop on my way home from work and see if they need help..

The only comment from the peanut gallery was "Isn't your hair a little too red?" You have to understand I have wanted this color of red hair since I was little. I want little red-heads running around the house with freckles. My dad had red hair and I wanted to look like him. I have wanted this for so long!!!! Now I look like a traffic cone. I guess I will give it a week and see what road sign my hair turns into then.

No comments: