Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The amazing Shred-O

Ok so I am a guilty Dog parent. I hate locking Jackson up in his crate when we are gone during the day. So I came up with this brilliant idea. I figured hey there has to be a way to block him off in the kitchen. So I took our gate and put it across the small doorway. We have a HUGE grill box in the garage so I brought that in and fixed it up so that it was a GREAT gate. I gave the pup his Kong and headed out the door. I thought about him sporadically throughout the day.

I had some errands to run after work so I told Josh to please make sure that he made it home on time to be with the dog. He walked into a MESS!!!!! Jackson had taken the paper bags we had stored along side the refridgerator and shreded them to smitherines. He also peed twice on the floor. I blame the peeing on myself becuase I am the dumbass who left his water and food on the floor. He managed to pee on one of the rugs. So Josh thought that he should take the rugs outside and shake them so that he could get the paper off the rug and he only managed to shower himself with dog pee. Silly boy.

I think that we will continue to try leaving him out in the kitchen. Next time we will remove the ONE paper bag we have left and remove the food. We will also make sure that his toys are in there as well. You know the rope bone, the chewy bone, his dental bone and something that he can shred so that he isn't bored.
You live and you learn

No comments: