Friday, July 30, 2004

The End of an Era

I left my previous job a little over three months ago. I didn't leave because I was so unhappy that I couldn't go on. I left because I felt that I wasn't going anywhere, that I was stuck. I left because I wanted better health benefits. I left because of Management burying their heads up their asses so that they didn't have to deal with issues facing the company. The reason I wanted to stay....... My friends and c0-workers. These are some of the best, kind and understanding people you will meet. These people found me when I was lost, hugged me when I cried, laughed when I was happy. I know that they truly care about me as a person and want to see me succeed that is why they let me go. For weeks and weeks after leaving the hardest part about going to my new job was knowing that I wasn't going to see the people that I loved that morning. Monday's were the worst because I had a whole weekend's worth of stories to share and no one to share it with. So today is the end of an era for two reasons. One is that one of my ex-co-workers is leaving and continuing on with her life and her career. She is one of those rare gems. She is sweet, understanding and always there for you. When I was going through issues with Josh's family she was there and gave me a sweet gift as she knows exactly what I am going through and was available to offer me the advice that I needed to stay strong and deal with the problems I faced. Oh how she will be missed. You don't find friendship like that just anywhere. The second end to the era is this. Although I miss my friends deeply I have made new friends at my new job, I feel like I fit. They listen to my dog stories, my Josh stories and my problems. I know that we will always be friends, that I will keep up with the news. But we will never have the magic we once shared. It is the ending of an era.................... The best kind of era to have

No comments: