Friday, August 06, 2004

A Wedding Update

I realized that I hadn't bored you with an update of my wedding plans lately. I probably should since it is this HUGE thing that I am planning. I cannot believe all of the things that go into planning a wedding. When you get down to it there are a lot of fine details.

1) The Invitations-They are all assembled. The response cards are all completed with stamp. The return address is printed on the back. I will print off the envelopes next week. Yes I am printing them, those of you who have tried to read my handwriting understand. We are hoping to get them stuffed, stamped and sent by the 23rd.

2) The Church- I took my mother to the church for the first time last Sunday. We lucked out because they had the church all set-up for their hymn sing so that we could see how the church would look all opened up for the wedding. No matter what we won't be able to invite everyone on the guest list to the church unless we want standing room only and that would be VERY full!!!! We decided what to do with the aisle situation. The church has two aisle. I wasn't sure what we were going to do about that. We decided to pick an aisle, sit the bride's side on the left, grooms on the right and use the third section as overflow. I think that will do just fine. I also took lots of pictures of the church to show the florist. The church really isn't used too much so she will have a hard time getting in there when it is opened.

3) The Cake- We also went to see the cake lady on Sunday. The cake design is all set. all that we really have to do is find the color votives we want with the cake. I am really happy with the design that I chose. I think that it will turn out beautifully. I picked great flavors too. Yummy I can't wait to eat it!!!

4) The Center Piecese- They are now designed. I have put some prototypes together to determine which one is the best design. That was figured out last night by me, Josh, my mom, sister and aunt. So now I can put them together. That is one thing off the list...Check

5) The Favors- The candles are done. Well we are waiting for another color to come out on the candle line. Then we only have to put those together. We are almost ready to order the other things.

6) Garments- The girls are all set. Most of them have their dresses. The guys have their measurement cards. I am all set.

7) Decorations- We have basic ideas are in the middle of purchasing our supplies. We are trying to tastefully mesh the fall colors with the Purple of the dresses.

8) My beautification- my teeth are white!!! I highly recommend the premium white strips.

That is it!!!!! I think that we are rolling along pretty well. What do you think???

No comments: